Resolution of water-induced problems and hygienically sound operation of cooling water systems
Water-carrying systems may encounter a wide variety of problems that lead to a loss of efficiency, corrosive material damage or microbial contamination. The latter aspect especially must be considered critical if bio-aerosols are released from water circuits and enter the environment; pathogenic Legionella are a particularly serious hazard in this regard. In Germany, a number of historical Legionella outbreaks prompted the introduction of regulations defining public safety requirements for water-carrying systems that could potentially emit aerosols. The 42nd Federal Emission Control Ordinance (BImSchV) will come into force soon to join the VDI Standard 2047-2, which describes the generally accepted technical rules for the hygienically sound operation of open recooler systems, evaporative cooling systems, cooling towers and wet separators.
We analyse process water, cooling water and water from wet separators to determine their physical, chemical and especially microbiological parameters, allowing you to validate and document that your operations are procedurally and hygienically sound
Analytic services to monitor process waters and industrial waters according to the 42nd BImSchV, as well as waste water from manufacturing facilities
- accreditation- and standard-conformant sampling and microbiological analyses according to the specifications in the recommendations by the German Environment Agency (UBA) for the detection of Legionella in evaporative cooling systems, cooling towers and wet separators.
- physical and chemical analyses to determine water-induced problems such as scaling, corrosion and microbial fouling
- analyses of water from closed systems to identify contamination with anaerobic bacteria and microorganisms relevant to corrosion such as sulphate-reducing bacteria
- analyses of waste water, e.g. blowdown water, according to Appendix 31 of the Wastewater Ordinance (AbwV)
Consulting services to monitor process waters and industrial waters according to the 42nd BImSchV, as well as waste water from manufacturing facilities
- preparation of risk assessments according to BlmSchV
- calculation of chemical corrosion and water chemistry according to DIN 38404 and DIN 12502
- assessment of the behaviour of water in closed systems, e.g. based on the VDI Standard 2035-2
- preparation of an operations log according to the requirements of the VDI Standard and the Federal Emission Control Ordinance
- We advise our customers on the necessary scope of analysis to suit the individual issues.
- We conduct in-process analysis for system design/optimisation.
- We support our customers in system damage analysis.