Poultry serology (chickens, turkeys)
We can check vaccinations or assess the infection status, depending on the method and the pathogen specificity.
We regularly apply a broad variety of serological methods in our diagnostic laboratory. To a large extent they are analyses performed specifically on poultry: they provide information on the pathogen-specific antibody status in the poultry in question.
- Avian encephalomyelitis (AE)
- Newcastle disease (NDV)
- Infectious bursitis (IBD) or Gumboro disease
- Infectious bronchitis (IBV)
- Avian rhinotracheitis (TRT)
- Avian adenovirus as the cause of ‘egg drop syndrome-76’ (EDS)
- Infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT)
- Mycoplasmosis: measurement of serum antibodies for Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) and Mycoplasma synoviae (MS)